Monday, July 11, 2011

Dehydration sucks just as much as not having skates.

On Thursday night/ Friday morning I woke up with a horrible headache. I tossed and turned and I kept getting hot and cold. A part of me thought I was going to die as I stumbled towards the bathroom and managed to lean over the toilet and threw up the contents of my dinner.


It was only when my friend walked up to me with a cup of olive juice that I realized that I was dehydrated. I made sure to drink water during and after practice. I was feeling fine during practice, not dehydrated at all or even thirsty. When I got home I felt a bit strange and saw odd colors as I blinked but I thought I was just exhausted.

After that night of throwing up and being sent home from work due to not being able to keep anything down I have a new sentence to live by: Drink water. Honestly, if I drink too much it will never be enough. I never want to be that sick ever again.

Sunday was outdoor practice and I felt useless... I don't have skates yet so I wasn't doing much. I just got to watch people getting better while I just stood in the sidelines. It really sucked because I can't make it to this Thursday's practice due to a previous engagement so unless I get skates before Sunday's practice I will be pretty much missing two practices.

I know, I know, is too early for me to be missing practices all ready but...thing is I managed to be invited to an early showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 so yeah...that definitely takes priority even though I'll be thinking about what is going on at practice I still plan to enjoy myself.

Conclusion: Drink water!

No comments:

Post a Comment