Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Disciplining myself

This Friday I got very, very sick. To the point where I actually went to the doctor. Yes, I'm the type of person that doesn't believe she's sick or decides to go to the doctor until the pain is excruciating. After groaning and feeling like I had the first case of the zombie virus that would someday doom humanity I found out that my kidneys (which have been giving me problems since I was younger) are not quite up to par with how they should be.

Due to this I have been put on a gluten free diet. I have been told to keep my sodium to a minimun, to avoid milk, fast food and a bunch of other things that I am finding hard to keep track of. So I am not a very happy person because honestly if it's one thing that I love to do is eat. I told my co-worker today about my diet and he said "That is awful! You love food!". Apparently one of the first things that I told him when I met him was that I loved food.

I haven't told anyone in the league yet because I feel like they'll think I'm making up excuses, and honestly I've been skating with this problem for a while so I don't really think that they need to know about it.

Last night's practice wasn't really one of the best, I don't know why but I just wasn't up to much and I keep feeling like I haven't improved at all as such I decided that next week asides from the derby workout challenge I am going to discipline myself into a very strict schedule that will make me skate more often than I am right now.

This schedule will not only affect my skating time though, this means that i have to kick my butt into shape about schoolwork. I am planning on doing homework the day is assigned so right after I am done with it I can go skating. I am also planning on working out more often than right now, and to just eat healthier in general.

Of course the eating part is pretty much being forced on me but I will take it as an opportunity to grow and get better. I will beat this condition and I will become better for it. I will skate better and harder at each practice than before and somehow I will manage to get stellar grades.

I promised this to myself last night, and I am not letting myself down.

No comments:

Post a Comment