Thursday, January 26, 2012

Itzilla is born!

I used to be really good at the whole walking on skates without rolling but now I really suck at it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but well... in the middle of practicing them our coach looks at me and asks me what happened to me. Apperantly I am moving my feet a lot higher than before and I keep stomping my feet around more too when doing this exercise xD. She said that I looked like Godzilla to which I just responded ITZILLA ROAR!!! Well... I was very amused.

I have been thinking about something today I am not quite sure what I can bring in the plate to the league. I mean Heather is really good at helping new people and all ready encouraged someone that was thinking about leaving to stay. I can see what all of the other girls in recruitment can bring to the League but me? I have no idea.

This goes back to my whole insecurity issues I know but I am just not quite sure what I can bring. I am not the most sociable person and usually when people talk to me I feel very awkward. I am not as badass as most of the girls and I just don't know...

Anyways, practice was amazing. I am feeling so much better than I used to about this. I mean I still have some problems skating but crossovers I am a hundred percent that I got those down. However I need to work on my stamina and do exercises for my thighs. My thighs are incredibly weak so every time we do squats I can feet my whole leg shaking uncontrollably. I know whine whine about not being able to be athletic. Hey! I'll get there and one day laugh at my whining.

Or so I hope. Also I am finding myself not as scared of falling as I was last recruitment and even when I manage to fall like a flailing flamingo I still get up in 3 seconds or less brush it off and just keep on skating.



 I got my first derby bruise well first one I noticed. I have a lot of weird bruises in my arms but I am not quite sure if those are from derby. I know this bruise is not as cool as the ones I used to get but well whatcha going to do. I am sure I'll soon get some that are as awesome.

On Saturday the boyfriend, Heather, her co-worker and I are going skating. This is going to sound really corny but I am so excited. I know that the boyfriend can skate, but I know he doesn't really like doing it that much so I asked him really nicely and he said yes. So I am curious to see how well he can skate and of course he will probably skates better than I do... but hopefully I can transform that part into making him a zebra. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment