Monday, January 23, 2012

Old me meet new me

Today while skating my laps around we were asked for the faster skaters to move outside and the slower skaters on the inside. Now, I have always been used to being on the inside so I just started skating, not even realizing what I was doing until I started shouting out my laps. I realized that I was for the most part keeping up with some of the girls that were experienced skaters and then it hit me I sort of have a little bit of experience! So after a bit I decided to go out and do our 5 laps with the girls that were going faster and I was so proud of myself when I ended at about the same time as others.

Then it hit me.

If old me that could barely stand on her two skates saw new me who is skating and getting things accomplished she would be so jealous. Old me would just be wondering how it is possible to do that and cursing herself for not being able to do it.

Not to say that I am perfect now actually I have a lot of work to do. I need to remember the little things, practice my grapevines and not freak out so much when people are watching me. I got compliments on my crossovers, my jumpin and even a tumblr post. I doubt that they realize how much it means to me but it means so much.

One of the girls said today that when she really wants something she says it outloud and sets it in the universe. So I'm doing it too. By the end of this recruitment I will be a better athlete, will have my derby stance down and will be a force to be reckoned with on wheels.

On other news... I have found a weird fascination with men derby so I"m just going to put this here

No comments:

Post a Comment